Todays sermon as we would hope like the sermons in most of the muslim world was influenced by the current events in our heartland, close to the third holiest place masjid al aqsa, these events alhamdulillah have started to wake the sleeping ummah inshaallah for the better, may Allah guide us all back to the deen and forgive all our sins and give us the best success.
The khateebs main points included:
- situation in gaza is another episode in the struggle between islam and kufr
- khateeb used the examples from the quran to see why the oppressors are so cruel as in surat buruj verses 7&8 "And they witnessed what they were doing against the believers (i.e. burning them) , They had nothing against them, except that they believed in Allah, the All-Mighty, Worthy of all Praise!" and surat al-maidah part of verse 82 "Verily, you will find the strongest among men in enmity to the believers (Muslims) are the Jews and those who are polytheists..."
- the issue of particularly targetting HAMAS was because they proved to be able to govern its people and give inspiration of future islamic states in the muslim lands, but their destiny in the eyes of the disbelievers was to destroy them like the islamic movements in algeria, somalia, afghanistan, chechnya and others
- the whole situation didn't come overnight, for decades their plots were being formed including destruction of the khilafah, deals with the british, infiltrating political and media circles and silencing opposing ideas.
- as it didnt happen overnight, it will not finish over night, the solution has to start with the muslims returning tpo their deen and calling others to it.
- and the end will be with the army of the believers with Eisa (Jesus) peace be upon him, fighting the dajjal (false messiah) army.